The Mortgage Expert
Marc Demetriou is a VP of Mortgage Lending/Branch Manager at Guaranteed Rate and has been a mortgage originator for over 14 years.
He consistently ranks in the top 1 percent of mortgage originators in the U.S., according to leading industry sources Origination News, Mortgage Executive and Scotsman Guide. In his home state of New Jersey, Marc has been featured in NJBIZ’s “40 Under 40” and is called upon frequently by the real estate, finance, accounting and legal communities as a trusted expert and speaker. Additionally, Marc is a certified and licensed instructor, offering continuing education credits to accountants, real estate agents, financial planners and managed care professionals.
Marc has been a keynote presenter at the Mastermind Summit, the mortgage industry’s leading annual conference as well as many other summits and business events across the nation. Additionally, he was also co-host of WVNJ’s popular The Real Estate and Money Show.
Profoundly inspired by his grandfather’s hard work and success, Marc has authored his first book—“Lessons from My Grandfather: Wisdom For Success in Business and Life”—which shares knowledge gained from his beloved mentor, Haralambos Georgiou Pistis, who was affectionately known to all as Charlie. From a very young age, Marc chronicled Charlie’s experiences as an immigrant from Cyprus. In dedication, he now offers his grandfather’s timeless principles for achieving success and leading a fulfilling life. Foremost, is the belief that success is a choice.
Marc graduated from Rutgers University/Rutgers Business School with a Bachelors of Science in Finance. He presently resides in Montville, NJ and is a proud father of 3 daughters. Marc treasuries the time he spends with family friends and strives to regularly make a difference in the lives of others around him, both professionally and personally. He also finds inspiration in a quote by Henry David Thoreau: “ Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.”
Marc holds the following Licenses and Designations:
- Certified Divorce Lending Professional (CDLP)
- Mortgage Loan Originator
- CE Instructor – NJ Board of Accountancy
- CE Instructor – NJ Board of Banking and Insurance – Real Estate Commission
- CE Instructor – Certified Board of Financial Advisors
- CE Instructor – National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
Accomplishments & Accolades:
- 2020 & 2019-Named as one of RISMedia’s Real Estate Newsmakers
- 2020 & 2019-Five Star Mortgage Professional – New Jersey Monthly Magazine
- 2019-Listed as one of the Top 1% Loan Originators in the US – Mortgage Executive Magazine, Scotsman Guide, National Mortgage News
- 2018-Authored and Published Lessons from My Grandfather: Wisdom for Success in Business and Life
- 2018 & 2017-Named a “HOT 100” Mortgage Expert – Mortgage Professional America Magazine
- 2018, 2017 & 2016-Named one of “The 25 Most Connected Mortgage Professionals” – National Mortgage Professional Magazine
- 2015-Keynote speaker at The Mastermind Summit along with Tony Robbins and Barbara Corcoran
- 2015-Former Radio Co-Host “The Real Estate and Money Show” – WVNJ 1160
- 2005-Named one of their “Forty Under 40” – NJBIZ Magazine