Real Estate and Money Show Hosts Antoinette Gange and Marc Demetriou welcome Ken Bagner to the show Thursday February 6, 2014.
Tax law changes with Ken Bagner – How it affects you both personally and through real estate transactions
- New Obamacare 3.8% unearned income tax to hit individuals on their 2013 return (How this affects real estate transactions)
- New .9% Wage tax
- New tax rates (Increased rates in 2013)
- Cutback of itemized deductions and personal exemptions
- New Repair and Maintenance Regulations – What this means to you if you have an investment property.
- Simplified home office deduction in 2013 – $5 up to 300 sq ft.
- New Depreciation rules starting in 2014 (Cutback of 179 deduction/bonus etc)
Ken Bagner is a Member of the Firm in charge of Employee Benefit Plan Audits at Sobel & Co. He began his career with Sobel in 1999 and over the years has served diverse niches including commercial real estate, waste management, manufacturing, wholesale, not-for-profit organizations, and employee benefit plans. Clients value both Ken’s technical abilities and his “hands-on” approach to addressing the unique aspects of each client’s business as well as his ability to combine an expertise in both accounting and tax to provide them with the business advice they need.
Ken is also a member of the Board of the Directors of Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants. Currently, Ken serves as the Board Trustee for the Scholarship Fund, is also part of the Nominating and Retirement Fund Committees of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants. Ken has also been a past member on the Board of Directors for the New Jersey Society of CPAs beginning in July 2008 for a two year term.
Ken was an adjunct professor at Rutgers University where he taught both taxation for the undergraduate level and the Certified Financial Planners Program.
Ken is a 1999 graduate of Montclair State University where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Accounting. In 2003 he graduated Summa Cum Laude from Rutgers University where he earned his Masters in Taxation. He is a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma, the highest honor society for collegiate schools of business.
Kenneth A. Bagner, CPA, MST
member of the firm Sobel & Co., LLC
(973) 994-9494 ext.113 | firstname.lastname@example.org